Ground Floor Partners is a small business consulting firm located in the Chicago Loop. Our services include business plan consulting, strategy and marketing consulting services (research, analysis, planning, management and execution). We primarily work with small businesses, ranging from start-ups to established businesses with revenues of $10 million or more. Ground Floor Partners is built on a culture of respect, professionalism, high performance standards, and fun.
Ground Floor Partners is only as good as our people. We aim to hire the best.
We have two basic employment tracks:
- Start out as a part time contractor expecting to convert to a full-time employee within 6-12 months, or
- Start out as a part-time contractor and continue in this role indefinitely.
Click here if you want to be considered for the first track (part-time contractor converting to full-tme employee). If we see a potential match, we will contact you to set up a preliminary phone interview. Note: only Chicagoland residents will be considered for the employee track. Our ideal candidate has a thorough grasp of business theory and practice, and at least a few years of experience in market research, business planning and strategy with small or mid-size businesses.
Being an employee at Ground Floor Partners has multiple benefits:
- Opportunity to “get in on the ground floor” of a growing business
- Ample opportunities for professional and personal growth
- Real work-life balance (modest travel requirements, flexible working conditions, etc.)
- Stimulating, entrepreneurial environment
- Performance based compensation
- Opportunity to make a positive difference in the world
On the other hand, if you are interested in being considered for the part-time contract work track, please join our contractor registry. We are particularly interested in speaking with talented contractors in the Chicago area who have at least a few years of professional level experience in the following areas:
- Social Media Marketing Strategy and Campaign Management
- Business Plan Consulting and Writing
- Strategic Planning (including facilitation of strategic planning retreats)
- Commercial Real Estate and Construction
- Hospitality Industry
- Food Industry (restaurants, safety, production, distribution)
We are also interested in speaking with experienced contractors in other countries who have expertise in:
- Market Research
- Business Planning and Strategy