We Serve Counties, Municipalities and other Non-Profits
Market Research is Critical
We uncover market opportunities, and sometimes, marketing challenges, that others miss. Our market research yields solid, factual, defensible information that is directly relevant to your specific needs. We combine quantitative market research (statistical analysis, graphs, charts) and qualitative market research (interviews, articles, opinions) to give you a balanced and accurate picture.
- Survey design and execution (invite respondents, collect results, analyze, report)
- Phone or in-person interviews of customers, employees, executives, business owners, industry experts, etc.
- Focus groups, roundtables, and executive forums
- Market opportunity assessments (evaluate the potential for your ideas, programs, products, services, or processes)
- “Blue sky” (brainstorming) sessions on product / service / program possibilities
Accurate market research is the foundation for every marketing plan. Effective marketing is all about targeting and focus. Better targeting means less waste and lower expenses. Some more examples of the kinds of market research we do for our clients:
- Assess markets and current market positions (market size and share of market, channels, growth trends, threats and opportunities)
- Identify stakeholder/member needs and determine which market segments hold the most, and least, attractive potential.
- Find out what residents, members or other “customers” think about your customer service procedures, your sign-up process, your new tag-line, etc.
- Identify political, economic, social, technological, legal and environmental trends that could create problems – or opportunities – for your organization.
Our Marketing Planning Process
Our marketing planning process consists of 4 stages (or 9 steps):
Accurate, current market research makes a difference. Without it, you risk wasting money and time delivering the wrong programs and services with the wrong message to the wrong people.
Analysis and Planning
We’ll develop a marketing strategy that serves your organization’s unique needs. We’ll synthesize and analyze findings; differentiate your organization from competitors; determine your target markets; refine your organization’s value proposition; align management and staff to close performance gaps, and help your organization deliver the value you promise.
Once the marketing strategy is in place, we’ll develop a detailed tactical plan for executing the strategy. This includes marketing channel selection, customer segmentation, product/service mix, promotion, processes, and customer service.
Then, we’ll help you execute by translating your marketing plan into action.
To be successful in the long run, you need to establish metrics to track results and continually refine the approach.
Our marketing planning process can be tailored to your specific needs. Generally the larger the organization, the more involved the marketing plan.
Contact Us now to discuss your market research and planning needs.