Great organizations are built on a framework of systems and policies that help management, staff, members and other stakeholders work together more efficiently and effectively.
We help counties, municipalities and other non-profit organizations get the right people, processes, systems and policies in place so they can
- Streamline (and sometimes automate) day-to-day operations
- Raise management expectations and improve staff and volunteer accountability
- Reduce risks related to key personnel absences, exits or other conditions
- Reduce costs and increase efficiencies
- Drive more reliable and more predictable revenue growth
- Increase both top and bottom lines
Changing old habits requires time. Most management consulting engagements take at least six months. We start with an assessment. Then, once we have a solid understanding of the facts, we develop a work plan, and work closely with executives, boards and other senior managers to implement the plan. Every engagement is slightly different, but we often need to spend a few days a week on site for the first month or two. In between visits, we communicate by phone, email, and conference calls.
Once the core systems and procedures are in place, we can usually reduce the time spent onsite. Future visits focus on developing and refining other processes, training management and staff, monitoring progress, gathering feedback, and making adjustments as needed.
Tasks and deliverables vary from client to client based on their needs, but often include:
- Creating new roles or redesigning existing roles
- Designing process checklists for key employees
- Evaluating, and sometimes restructuring, departments and functional groups
- Developing new systems to increase speed, reduce waste, improve quality and lower costs
- Designing training programs for staff and volunteers
- Researching, testing, and recommending software
- Identifying best-match vendors, partners and solution providers
Contact Us now to unlock the potential in your organization.